March means warmer weather. And in Mississippi, warmer weather marks the beginning of storm season.
The experts at Ready 2 Roof want you to be prepared in case your roof is damaged.
Shingles form a protective layer against the elements, but strong storms can compromise the integrity of your roof. Not all storm damage is easy to spot. This hidden roof damage could go undetected for months and can cause parts of your home to deteriorate.
If your home is damaged by strong wind, hail or rain, follow these steps:
- As soon as the storm passes and you can safely walk around the perimeter of your home, take pictures of any damage and make a note of anything unusual. Look for:
- Missing, bruised or dented shingles
- broken tile, slate or concrete shingles
- dented flashing, vents or gutters
- granules in your downspouts or gutters
- wet or discolored ceiling tiles
- water seepage around ceiling fan mount and light fixtures
- Call the manufacturer-certified contractors at Ready 2 Roof. You can reach us any time—24 hours a day, seven days a week—at 601-573-1160 or visit our Emergency Storm Response page and we will temporarily patch your roof at no cost to you.
- Call your homeowner’s insurance company. Refer to your notes, report a claim with your insurance company and arrange for an inspection. The insurance company will assign an adjuster to assess the damage and give you an estimate on repairs to give our contractors. Note: no other repairs should be done before insurance company provides an estimate
- Schedule a free inspection and consultation with Ready 2 Roof. We will thoroughly inspect your roof—including shingles, possible structural damage and all hardware—for free. We’ll discuss your repair options with you, including possible simply repairs that won’t require your insurance company.
Let Ready 2 Roof help make this process go as smoothly as possible. We’ll even talk to your insurance company if roof repair or roof replacement requirements are extensive. Our contractors are familiar with the details of filing accurate insurance claims and can help you navigate through the process.
Most importantly, we’ll get you in better shape as quickly as possible and start the process on securing your home from the elements.